Snow on the way doesn’t mean you have to stay inside all day!
With the help and expertise of our loyal readers and subscribers, the What’sUpNewp team have compiled a list of the top favorite places to sled and tub in and around Newport, Middletown and Portsmouth.
Places to Toboggan and Tubing on Aquidneck Island
- Fort Adams State Park – The hills near the rugby/soccer grounds are a popular spot for those looking for a fast and furious good time.
- Morton Park – It’s not the biggest hills around, but it’s within walking distance of downtown Newport and is a great place for the little ones to have fun on snowy days.
- Aquidneck Park – Located next to the Newport Public Library, this little hill, where you can’t pick up too much speed, is a popular spot for parents bringing their kids.
- St. George’s School – St. George’s School Hills just off Purgatory Road is a very popular spot on Aquidneck Island among locals.
- Middletown High School – MHS offers two fun hills next to their car park, a smaller track for the little ones and a bigger one for those who want a bit more excitement and speed.
- Wanumetonomy Golf & Country Club – One way or another, golf courses always turn into the perfect place to spend the day rushing through the snow.
- Portsmouth College – The hills behind Portsmouth Middle School are a popular place for families to play in the snow.
Where do you like tobogganing?