WILLIAMS, AZ – Looking for thrills, beautiful scenery and cooler temperatures? Then you’ll want to fuel up and head to Canyon Coaster Adventure Park in Williams, Arizona!
“We have the Canyon Coaster, which is the Mountain Coaster, it’s about a mile long and it’s 310 feet in elevation,” said Bruce Voigt. in an interview with ABC15. “So you get in the cart, go up the hill, and when you get to the top, you control your speed going down. Sometimes you’re 35 feet in the air, there’s two 360s, you’ll hit speeds of 35 miles per hour if desired.
“It’s just a lot of fun because it’s not like anything in a regular coaster where you can get the bejeezus afraid of [you] and get off… you can go where you feel comfortable,” Voigt said.. “Once you get to the top… it gives you an incredible view of Williams – the whole city – and it’s quite scenic the whole way,” he added.
IF YOU ARE GOING TO:
Location: 700 East Route 66 – Williams, AZ 86046
Hours: Sunday – Thursday [10 a.m. – 5 p.m.] and Friday – Saturday: [10 a.m. – Dusk]
- $20 per person/way
- $10 for children; less than 54 inches tall.
- Riders must be at least 38 inches tall and “minimum 3 years old with a rider 18 or older.”
OTHER ATTRACTIONS IN THE PARK
- Summer mountain tubing: The same concept as snow tubing but without the snow!
- Snow play: When winter comes, you can enjoy the snow in Williams and climb on covered treadmills.
The Canyon Coaster is a Wiegand coaster, according to Voigt, this type of coaster comes from Germany and is gaining popularity in the United States
- The karts are attached to the track.
- You are attached and you control your own speed.
- Account with a distance control assistance system that prevents you from getting too close to another system.